Admission Requirements -
EMT / Paramedic Programs
Students may apply for admission to these programs by contacting the Enrollment Services Office and completing an application by June 1 for the fall program and November 1 for the spring program. All application criteria must be complete by this date to be eligible for admission for the following semester.
Candidates must complete the following:
- Documentation of graduation from an approved high school or acceptable equivalent preparation.
- Documentation of Emergency Medical Technician or Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic certification.
- Documented verification of Emergency Medical Technician experience is required. Related health care experience may be considered. Applicants must have verification of involvement in a minimum of 50 to 75 patient advanced life support calls.
- Mandatory entrance test(s) as part of the admission process.
- Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic entrance exam with a qualifying score of 80 or above.
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts.
- Documentation of a current professional level cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
Admission is based on successful fulfillment of the prerequisites and the completion of the applicant’s file. All applicants are informed of their status. Because enrollment in the Paramedic Studies Program is limited, not all qualified candidates can be accepted.
Final acceptance is contingent upon submission of documentation of: a physical examination, required immunization, and completion of a professional level cardiopulmonary resuscitation course. These documents must be on file by either August 15th for the fall program or December 15th for the spring program or the applicant’s place in the program may be relinquished.
Students selected to the Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic program are financially responsible for books, uniforms, transportation, and paramedic fees, in addition to tuition and college fees.