About Capital   .   Contact   .   Giving to Capital   .   Website Directory     
    Home | Current Students | Academic Support Center | Academic Advising

A matriculated student must select a major in a degree or certificate program in order to receive financial aid and eventually graduate with an associate degree or certificate from Capital Community College. Undecided or first year students may wish to select General Studies as their major which may be changed at any time. All undecided students should plan to visit the Career Development and Placement Center (room 209) to receive information and assistance through academic and vocational counseling.

We have provided a link to UNC-Wilmington's web site to help answer the question, "what can I do with a degree in.....", click here.

An Associate's degree (AA or AS) requires an accumulation of at least 60 credits in a specialty such as Accounting, Liberal Arts, or Nursing. Note: many degree seeking students attend college part-time. If an individual registers for 3-6 credits per semester, a longer period of time will be required to complete the degree.

For additional information regarding degrees at Capital Community College, click here.

A Certificate program consists of specialized courses in a focused area (between 17-30 credits) including Accounting, Computer Support Specialist, and Mental Health Assistant.

For additional information regarding each certificate, click here.




Send comments to the Webmaster.  
Capital Community College Homepage