|About Capital . Contact . Giving to Capital . Website Directory|
|Home | Current Students | Academic Support Center | Academic Advising|
Capital Community College’s Management Degree Transfer Agreements
Central Connecticut State University [CCSU]
To ensure a strong relationship between CCSU and our partners in education, we have revised the transfer process for graduates of Capital Community College. CCC students enrolled in the Associate in Science Degree in Management can transfer all of their courses towards their Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Central Connecticut State University.
Students in the Associate Degree program at Capital Community College (CCC) must successfully complete specific courses to enter CCSU’s School of Business to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. This transfer process provides CCC students with the opportunity to fulfill the CCSU degree requirements in the minimum number of credit hours. Joint advising will be available to Capital Community College students to foster a smooth transition into CCSU’s School of Business.
Automatic admission to CCSU’s School of Business is guaranteed for Capital Community College transfer students who complete their Associate in Science Degree in Management according to the CCSU School of Business Transfer Process with an overall GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0, achieve a 2.5 or higher in all business courses and receive a C- or higher in courses eligible for transfer credit.
All students accepted into CCSU’s School of Business are required to also complete MAT 125 or 123 and STAT 201 (CCSU's course numbers) prior to enrolling in any 300 level courses. These mathematics courses are prerequisites for all of the CCSU upper division business classes and must be taken as soon as possible. They may be taken at CCSU or CCC (if available) prior to transferring into the Management program or once enrolled at CCSU.
For more information regarding the Management Degree Transfer Agreement, contact Professor Nancy LaGuardia at (860) 906-5174 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon Braverman at email@example.com.
University of Connecticut – Regional Campus: Business & Technology Transfer Pathway Program
UConn’s Bachelor of Science degree in business with a major in Business & Technology is offered at UConn’s regional campuses in Hartford, Stamford, and Waterbury, with core courses also available in Torrington. Click here to learn about UCONN’s Business and Technology Transfer Pathway Program.
Students who complete their Associate Degree in Management at Capital Community College will be able to transfer their work to UConn quickly and easily through this Pathway Program. The courses required to finish the Associate Degree at Capital Community College and the Bachelor of Science at UConn are clearly laid out on a program sheet available in the 2nd floor Counseling Office or from CCC’s Management faculty. Students who carefully follow the Business & Technology Transfer Pathway Program will be able to finish their Associate degree at Capital and Bachelor of Science degree at UConn in the minimum number of credit hours.
Automatic admission to the School of Business in the Business & Technology major is guaranteed for Capital Community College transfer pathway students who:
• complete their Associate Degree by following the entire Capital Community College Business & Technology Transfer Program with an overall GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 and
• achieve a B (3.0) or higher in all Capital Community College courses being used for 200-level major requirements (noted in the Pathway Program Curriculum Sheet).
The steps for the Capital Community College -- UConn Business & Technology Transfer Pathway Program are as follows:
• Contact your advisor at Capital Community College to declare your intention to transfer to UConn and complete the Business & Technology Major. They will review your record and have you contact an advisor at UConn who will also work with you during your Associate Degree program as well as at UConn. Please maintain regular contact with your advisors at Capital Community College and UConn throughout your Associate Degree and Bachelor’s Degree programs.
• Complete the Capital Community College curriculum as defined in the Pathway program agreement. You should speak with an academic advisor at Capital Community College or one of the UConn campuses whenever you have any questions, but the transfer pathway requires students to follow the prescribed curriculum exactly. Waivers and replacements for courses will not be granted. Business & Technology Transfer Pathway students are required to complete their Associate degrees at Capital Community College.
• Apply to the University of Connecticut according to standard University procedures. Click here for Undergraduate transfer admissions information, deadlines, and application information. Please remember: Business & Technology Transfer Pathway students must complete their Associate degree at Capital Community College.
• Complete the Business & Technology Major curriculum, per the Pathway Program Agreement after your acceptance into UConn.
For more information regarding the Management Degree Transfer Agreement with UCONN-Regional Campuses, contact Professor Nancy LaGuardia at (860) 906-5174 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Margaret Abraham at (860) 906 – 5044 or email@example.com.
|©Copyright 2006. All rights reserved.||
Capital Community College
950 Main Street, Hartford CT 06103
Tel: (860) 906-5000 or (800) 894-6126
|Send comments to the Webmaster.|