Writing Your Resume
A resume is an advertisement about you. Your resume can be used throughout your job search by:
- answering specific vacancy announcements.
- accompanying an employer application.
- introducing you to an employer when making a direct contact.
- serving as an outline for discussion during a personal interview.
- facilitating direct referrals to the associates of your personal contacts.
When mailing your resume to employers, always use a cover letter addressed to a specific person.
Resume length will vary depending upon a person's employment history.
A general rule of thumb for students is that a one-page resume is usually most appropriate.
Back to Table of Contents