To be considered for the program you must:
- Have a preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Successfully complete a minimum of 15 credits including ENG 101, MAT 137, and CSA 105
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Be matriculated into one of the following degree programs:
Accounting, Computer & Information Systems, Management, Insurance & Financial Services, Liberal Arts & Sciences* or General Studies*. *Limited to LA&S and General Studies majors who are pursuing a business-related major at a four-year institution.
- Have at least two semesters remaining at Capital Community College
- Intend to graduate within the next three years from Capital Community College with an associate degree
What are the Program Benefits?
Once you are accepted into the program you will:
- Meet other highly motivated students
- Receive guidance from assigned corporate mentors, a faculty mentor and a business manager
- Participate in a part-time paid internship for 10-15 hours per week during the spring and fall semesters
- Participate in a full-time (40 hours per week) paid internship during the summer
- Attend professional development workshops during semester breaks and periodically throughout the year that will prepare you for a career in the insurance/financial services industry
- Receive a scholarship at the end of the spring and fall semester upon successful completion of the program requirements
What is expected of me?
To meet the requirements of the program you must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher each semester
- Complete a minimum of nine credits per semester and a three-credit summer internship course
- Attend meetings with your faculty & corporate mentors and program coordinator
- Complete professional development workshops and seminars during semester breaks
- Participate in the required internship
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Receive, at minimum, a meets expectations rating from your manager on your performance evaluation
- Graduate with an associate degree from Capital Community College within the next three years
What are students saying about the program
“As a result of working with a team of financial analysts and the support of my manager and mentors at UnitedHealthcare & Capital, I was able to put together a career goal within finance while participating in the internship.” Jerell
“The C3 Internship Program has given me a strong foundation for my future.” A’Yana
“Travelers has been a positive model helping me become a more professional person – more focused, more prepared and more committed to school. This is why I think the program is valuable.” Omar W.
“Being part of the Travelers EDGE C3 program has opened doors for me that I wouldn't have been able to open on my own. It showed me options in life that I never thought I would have. This program gave me a purpose. It made me study harder and manage my time more effectively. I am no longer "just going through the motions." I now know that I want to be a leader someday. If I work hard and succeed in the program, I can make that dream a reality.” Jeff