The Panasonic VCR is located in the equipment rack below the instructor's desk, and plays standard VHS videotapes. Once your tape is loaded into the VCR, you can control it from the Control Panel on the desktop.
To play a tape:
1. Turn on the Projector by pressing the button labeled DISPLAY POWER.
2. Load your tape GENTLY into the VCR. If you insert it force-fully, the VCR may reject your tape, and you may damage the VCR rendering it useless. Insert your tape slowly, and the VCR will self-load it. Also, some videotapes cause the VCR to automatically begin playing the tape, so watch out for this if you don't want to play it immediately.
3. Select the source button labeled VCR.
4. Press the PLAY button to begin playing the video.
5. Adjust the sound level with the Volume control knob.
6. During playback, you can pause the video for classroom discussion by pressing the PAUSE button, then continue the video by pressing the PLAY button.
7. If you need to locate a particular part of the video, use the FWD (fast-forward) or REW (rewind) buttons.
8. When finished, press the STOP/EJECT button on the VCR to retrieve your tape.
9. Turn off the VCR and the Projector.
RETURN TO: TOP OF PAGE
If you don't find a solution to your particular problem here, please e-mail the Academic Media Technology Dept. We will get back to you as soon as we can, and will add your solution to our Troubleshooting Grid.
Problem Possible Cause Solution VCR will not accept tape Wrong tape format Use VHS format only. Forcing the tape into the VCR Insert the tape gently, wait for VCR to self-load tape into machine. Bad picture Poor tracking Adjust tracking by holding down the Channel Up or Channel Down button on the VCR. Bad videotape Get new copy of tape. Picture, but no sound Volume too low Adjust volume on Control Pad. Tape tracking problem
Adjust tracking by holding down the Channel Up or Channel Down button on the VCR.
Bad videotape Get new copy of tape. Sound, but no picture Projector not on
Press Display Power to turn projector on. Wait approx 60 seconds for full brightness.
Tape tracking problem Adjust tracking by holding down the Channel Up or Channel Down button on the VCR. Bad videotape Get new copy of tape. VCR will not eject tape VCR not turned on Be sure the VCR power is on, then press the Stop/Eject button. Tape jammed in VCR Report problem to Academic Media Technology, phone ext. 5030.
RETURN TO: TOP OF PAGE